Saturday, November 15, 2008

Currie Family Update

Wow! Days just fly by. I've asked several people who have had twins what it was like and they would all say the first year is a blur. I get that! Most of the time I don't even know what day it is and which diaper was changed and who was fed last. It's a crazy life and you would think that a routine was established by now. I think there's no such thing with twins. You just have to go with the flow and do things in that minute you have. There's no planning in this house. If I look too far ahead in my day and start to list out what needs to be done it just gets way too overwhelming. I've had to learn quickly that things can wait and my priority is feeding, changing and loving my babies! The rest (even bills) have to wait!

Some days are easier than others, but most nights are hard. Trying to get 2 babies down is a chore, especially at the same time. My mother-in-law has been staying almost every night with us. My mom comes once a week and Josh and I handle the weekends on our own. It really is a 2 person job and at times it's nice to have a third around to get stuff done. We're managing and staying sane at this point.

Taylor is 6 lbs now and Laynie is 9! It's amazing how fast they grow. All in all things are great and I wouldn't trade this for anything. It's the hardest job I will ever have and it's all worth it!

Love,
Josh, Angie, Laynie and Taylor

2 comments:

Martta said...

WOW! what an amazing life you two have now! I know how hard it is to have two kiddies but having them be the same age is probably a lot harder! I thank the Lord that Gracie is potty trained everyday! :)
I think of you all often and am so thankful that you have both babies home with you and that they are growing and are healthy. You and Josh amaze me.
You are a wife and mommy first, everything else can wait! enjoy this time they grow so fast! :(
I love you girl and am praying for rest and comfort in all your days!

Keep up the good work mommy and daddy! You are great parents!

the Harlows

grandpa said...

Hi Josh, Angie, Laynie and Taylor,
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. You all have lots to be thankful for. I am sorry I missed the twins visit to the office but I really enjoy seeing their pictures on the blog and the updates on how they are doing and how Angie is doing. Looking forward to seeing you soon, Take care.

Randy