Friday, November 7, 2008

Getting Settled

Wow! This is a BIG job. Most of the time I always have 1 person helping me as it's too much for just me right now. It has been crazy to say the least. Some times both babies are crying and hungry at the same time. Then, there are times when you get one settled down and the other needs something. They both want to be held a lot too. Slowly but surely, I'm learning short cuts and creative ways to soothe both of them. It's hard and a lot harder than I ever thought it would be. I'm VERY thankful for all the support we have.

I know many are wanting so badly to come see the babies. We of course want so badly to show them off. The problem is that it's flu/cold season. We have strict orders from our doctor to keep the babies at home and only bring them out if necessary. The issue with having people over is that we will be opening up our house to germs. We especially can't have people over that have kids specifically those kids that go to daycare or school. So...as sad as it sounds, we have to limit our visitors. We hope you understand. We spent 77 days in the NICU with Taylor and due to his chronic lung issues if he gets even the common cold he could end up in the hospital again. We will do what it takes to not let that happen.

I will continue to post pictures when I can. Thank you all so much for continuing to follow our journey. We love reading the comments and knowing how much everyone out there loves and supports us. We love you too very much and miss you!

Love,
The Currie Family

4 comments:

Robyn Boose said...

We are so happy you all are home and healthy. As much as we want to visit, we'd rather have you stay home and healthy! We'll just keep checking the blog. :)

Love-

Robyn, Randy & Jackson

dane said...

We completely understand!! I would feel the same way :) We are patient!
I love seeing the pictures. Stephanie sent you a shower invitation for my shower and I would love to have you there but I completely understand if you cant make it. I understand if you don't want to expose yourself to germs!! :)

Love you
Jack

Martta said...

The most important thing right now is taken care of those babies whatever the need is! I would expect anything less of you and Josh! You are great parents and one day both little ones will be in the clear and only have to go the Dr. for checkups! I am personally impressed with this blog! I keep checking it and am always surprised to see new postings! :) I have no doubt how busy you are these days! I am just happy to have you home and getting use to those two beautiful miracles! Keep it up! We are so proud of you and Josh!
Sending lots of hugs and kisses!
we will see you when we see you! ;)
MarMar

Martta said...

I ment "wouldn't" expect any less from you! Sorry about my typing! :)