Thursday, September 4, 2008

Taylor Update

Things have gotten worse as the day has progressed. His spells are more frequent and docs really don't know why at this point. Blood work was done this evening and so far all has come back ok. At this point there's no sign of infection. A 24 hour culture is being done which will tell us for sure if there's an infection or not and we'll get those results tomorrow night. Since docs are not sure what's going on with him, they are trying to rule out an infection as that could be why he's acting so different all of a sudden. This all came on so quickly and Taylor should be passed having these spells. It's more concerning to us that the docs don't know what's going on with him. We'd rather have an answer so we can proceed with treating whatever is going on. In my earlier post I said the high flow nasal tube could only go as high as level 5. There's actually a level 6 which Taylor is now at. That's the highest he can go on this and if he continues to do bad through the night they will have to put him back on the Sea Pap. This is what he was on the first few days of his life that contributed to his intestine problems. We are really hoping he will not have to go onto this. It could cause problems with his intestines again!! He's truly moving backwards and he's gone down hill very quickly. Josh and I just got back from the NICU and I'm sure will not be sleeping well. I just hope and pray that our phone doesn't ring tonight!

My mother-in-law said something to me today that made me realize that God is with me every step of the way. She was in the NICU during one of Taylor's spells. Actually it was his worst one. It took him WAY too long to recover and start breathing again. I was actually Kagaroo'n with him so he was laying on me. The nurse rushed over and flicked his feet over and over and then pat on his back very agressively. This went on for so long, I wasn't sure that he would recover. It was very, very scary. The whole time I stayed calm and continued to talk to Taylor...letting him know that mommy was there. My mother-in-law had to leave the area as it was really hard to watch. Later, she said that I was very brave. When I look back on it all, I really don't know how I was so brave and calm. I really can't explain it. If someone told me a story like this I would imagine myself freaking out! The only answer I have is that God was with me and I felt him there with Taylor and I. I just had a peace about it all.

Taylor is such an amazing little guy. Every time he opens him eyes and looks at me, I see his strength and I know God is with him at all times. He has amazing plans for Taylor. I feel honored to be his mother and blessed that God chose me. I trust God and his plan. That's what allows me to sleep at night.

Please pray with us. We are asking that the docs find what's wrong quickly and that we will see Taylor progressing again soon.

Love,
Angie and Josh

4 comments:

Mrs. D said...

God is with you and holding you up. Love on that little guy Angie and wisper your dreams for him in his little ears. It is amazing the strength that rises up in a mother who is doing what she has to do. Right now you are called to love your babies and do all that you can for them. Taylor is in my prayers and when I think of him I speak out for his life IN JESUS NAME! Health IN JESUS NAME! LIFE IN JESUS NAME! Not sure if you know what we went through last May... but just know that I'm here for you and praying for you. Rest easy knowing that you can do all things through CHRIST! He strengths you!

Julie said...

Oh... Ang and Josh... my prayers are with you. Babies this size can struggle... but Taylor is strong and God is with him... May His healing power wash over Taylor and heal his little lungs. Love, Julie

MMcGraw said...

Angie and Josh,
We are sorry and concerned about little Taylor's set back. He has grown even bigger and stronger now and we know he will fight his way through this problem too. Our thoughts are with you and we pray for good test results!
Love,
Lynn and Mike

Jena said...

Ang~
I can't imagine what you both must be going through. I know the fear in watching your child trying to catch a breath. When Casandra was born they couldn’t get her to breathe for quite a while and it was caught all on video tape and you can see the fear in my face all through the ordeal on the tape until they were able to get her to breathe by the same methods the nurses are using on Taylor. They did have to wisp her away for oxygen and who knows what else to get her to breathe properly.
You are brave and strong because you now have that Mother’s instinct…. You will do and watch and stay through what ever you have to with your kids no matter how tough or hard it is, you will be there fighting for them all the way!