Thursday, October 16, 2008

Looks Like Saturday!

Taylor is doing wonderful! As long as he passes the car seat challenge, we will be taking him home on Saturday. Can you believe it? We are finally here. I have tears as I'm writing this. After all we have been through and the many times we thought we would lose Taylor (even Laynie in the beginning) we are finally at the end of the road. We can begin a new journey with them at home together as a family for the first time.

Saturday will be very emotional in so many ways. It's a door closing to a long, rough road. We will be leaving behind all the wonderful doctors and nurses that have become family to us over the past 11 weeks. Not to mention all the other hospital staff outside the NICU and our home away from home at guest housing. There are no words to thank everyone for all they have done for our family. To be honest, it will be weird for a while as my life has been consumed with daily hospital visits. I truly believe the Currie family will be missed and has earned a spot in the NICU Hall of Fame! Most of all, my emotions will be high just bringing my baby boy home. Our little fighter. He's SOOO amazing and has given me strength every moment of every day to keep fighting and moving forward.

God has really blessed Josh and I. We can't wait to have our family together at home for the first time. It's going to be amazing!

Love,
J & A

5 comments:

Tony and Megan said...

I am so excited for your WHOLE family to be together at home soon! Hopefully you will still find time to share pictures and stories of your beautiful babes!

Unknown said...

That is SO awesome!!! I am so excited for you :) YAY! Can't wait to see them again

Jack

steph said...

Awesome! Congratulations you guys! It's been so amazing to see the little ones grow and overcome so many obstacles. Way to go Laynie and Taylor! Take care and know that you're still in my prayers :)

Martta said...

Yipee! That is great news! Home at last!! I can't wait to tell Chris the good news! If you need anything please let me know! Gracie is having her 4th birthday party this saturday, of course you and josh are always welcome but with all that is happening I totally don't expect anything. You need to BE home finally and get settled in! I am so happy for you and Josh!!! You truly have been blessed with two beautiful little angels can't wait to hold them! Lots of love sending your way!!! I will pray for a safe and exciting drive home on SATURDAY!!!!!! Wahooo!
mar

Sarah said...

Yeah! Congrats on this fantastic news! I can't wait to have our neighbors back and to finally meet Mr. Taylor!