Monday, October 6, 2008

Ups and Downs

After my last post, Taylor became very exhausted. He hasn't done very good with his feedings since Noon yesterday. If he's awake enough to bottle feed, he's only taking 10-13 cc's. He's now up to 40 cc's every 3 hours so he has gone backwards a bit. He's really going to call the shots and do this on his own time. I'm trying to be as patient as possible. It's very hard when you have a newborn at home with a schedule and then you have to stick to a schedule with seeing Taylor at his feedings. I'm becoming pretty exhausted myself.

Josh went back to work today, so I'm getting a taste of what it's like as a single mom. He's staying at home now so he can get some sleep since Laynie still has her days and nights mixed up. I will be relying on Grandparents to help me each day. Thank goodness for Grandparents!!!! I tried taking Laynie to the NICU with me today. Found out that's NOT going to work. Trying to coordinate her sleep/feeding schedule and his is impossible and she just screamed and cried so I had to leave the NICU early. That's not going to work when I have to be there to fully pay attention to Taylor during his feedings.

At this point, I just pray each night that I wake up sane the next day. I absolutely LOVE being a mommy, but this whole situation is extremely challenging. It was challenging with Josh helping each day and now that he's working...EEEKS. I just can't wait to be home. This is really wearing on me at this point. I have to just remain strong, continue to trust God and keep moving forward. The light at the end of the tunnel will shine soon......I hope!

For those of you who have called me and haven't heard back. I'M SORRY! Getting back to you may take some time. My days fly by and I don't even have time to shower let alone pick up the phone to chat. I SO appreciate your call and will get back to you. It will also be difficult to have guests at this point. On the evenings that Josh comes, we may be able to schedule some people, but PLEASE don't be up-set if we can't get you here.

We love you all and so appreciate your continued prayers and support.

Love,
J & A

4 comments:

Robyn Boose said...

I am more than willing to help during the day. Whether it's letting you nap, running errands for you, helping to clean the apartment, etc. And I can come sans Jackson. Please let me help!

Analese Forster said...

Me too! I am happy to help with whatever you need--I can go grocery shopping for you, or just bring you dinner or lunch (for those cool grandparents too!).
You can just email or call me any time....

Martta said...

I can and would love to help as well! Just name it!

stephaniea said...

I would love to help too! Just let me know if you need ANYTHING!!