Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Scary Day!

Today I took Laynie to her physical therapy appointment. My mother-in-law came with me. After the appointment we went to get something to eat before heading back to the hospital to visit Taylor. I was driving to the store and had to come to a complete stop as a car ahead of me was turning. Next thing we heard was BAM!!! I mean it was the loudest sound I've heard inside my car. A motorcycle slammed right into the back of me. He didn't see us and therefore didn't even have time to slow down. It was unreal. The first thing I thought of was Laynie...didn't care much about me. Of course I also had concern for the guy on the bike. I ran out of my car to see if he was ok. He was very much in shock and had some pain in his arm and leg. Lucky for him there was no major issues. He did go off in the ambulance so I think it must have been enough pain for concern. A Sheriff came and checked Laynie and her car seat. All was good! Kudos to Josh for his excellent installation!!! The scene was crazy. We shut down traffic both ways on Walker Road (2 lane road in Beaverton off HWY 217). 3 cop cars came, a fire truck, ambulance and tow truck. My car got the worst of it all. The motorcycle was one of those big cruiser bikes and was very heavy. The only damage was to the fender covering his front wheel and a few scratches. My entire bumper came loose and pushed over to the right side and dented in pretty bad on the left. The hatch door will need to be replaced or adjusted at the least. Crazy! The good news....Laynie is ok!!! My mother-in-law and I am doing pretty good. Both of us are suffering from neck and back pain. We are all thankful that everyone is ok. I just can't believe how hard he hit us. The sheriff said that we were lucky it wasn't a car or truck plowing into us as he did....it would have been a lot worse. We are so blessed today! Love you all.

Taylor is doing great. He weighs 4 lbs, 11.8 ounces. He's taking all of his bottles now and no longer has the feeding tube. Doc said we'll see how he does the next 24 hours and then we can start talking about his discharge. Yahoo!!!!!

4 comments:

Robyn Boose said...

Thank GOD you all are ok! Getting home will be so wonderful for all of you! Again, please let me know if there is any way I can help out!

Robyn

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! That goodness your okay.
Yikes. I am glad everything else is good :)

Analese Forster said...

sounds scary! glad you're all ok. and i'm glad to hear t. is doing good. discharged soon--can you believe it? :)

Martta said...

Thank God you are okay! I can't even imagine.. well actually I can because I worry about stuff like that every time I put the girls in the car! Funny how our minds just think like that all on their own! God protected you and your family that day! Yeah for Josh and putting the carseat in perfect!! A+ Josh!! Sending warm hugs to you all and to Josh's mom!
Loves,
mar