Monday, August 4, 2008

Day 3

Lots of major changes to report. Last night at 3 AM the nurses rushed into my room as Taylor's heart rate dropped again. This time it was done for 11 mins which is NOT good. They rushed me down for an emergency C-section. I didn't feel right about it at all. It was very scary, Josh wasn't here and I just knew the emergency C-section was not the best way for Taylor as he was so far in distress. I prayed and prayed and talked to the babies all the way down to the operating room. The anesthesiologist was about 2 seconds away from giving me meds to put me under and Taylor got his heart rate back to normal on his own. Everyone was screaming....stop! Stop! He's back on. So they monitored me in the operating room for a half hour to make sure he was stable and then took me back to my room. I was also having lots of contractions during all of this and my cervix is now shortened to 1 cm. This is also an indication that we need to move forward with getting these babies out.

SO, today will be their birthday! We are very scared, but know that God is leading us down this path and he stopped that emergency C-section for a reason. Having the C-section planned so that everyone can be prepared to take care of our little ones is the best way to go. The doc hasn't confirmed the time yet, but it will be later this afternoon. I know I'm leaving out lots of details, but needed you all to know that today is the day. PLEASE, we need your prayers more than ever before. Josh and I cried and cried this morning as it was a hard decision to say let's take them today vs keeping them in longer and taking the risk of the emergency route. After talking with our doc, nurse and the neonatalogist we know that we are making the right decision, but we are truly worried about our babies health and their survival in the NICU. Please feel free to share our blog. The more prayers and support we can get the better. We love you all and can't wait for you to see our precious miracles down the road. I will try and post the time when we find out so you can send extra prayers during that time. Josh, Angie, Laynie and Taylor

3 comments:

Verena said...

We are with you in thought - hang in there, can't wait to meet the little guys.
Love, The Houses

Analese Forster said...

Angie & Josh,
We love you, and hope everything goes well this afternoon. You are all in hearts & prayers!

Martta said...

Hang in there Josh and Angie!! God is so with you 4 and he will be right by your side all day today! I called Chris after you called and we are both praying for you all throughout the day! We love you and are you thinking of you today!!! Happy Birthday Taylor and Laynie!!