Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hardest Day Yet!

Today they had to give Taylor a blood transfusion. He's loosing blood due to his heart condition. In my earlier post I was a little off when explaining his heart issue. When the babies are in the womb there's an extra valve that's open in the heart. When they are born around term that valve should have closed on it's own. In preemie babies, it's still open and should close on it's own after a few weeks. Laynie's closed already and Taylor's hasn't, which is causing all kinds of problems for him. The doc is 99% certain that he'll need surgery to fix it. The echo tomorrow will confirm this and then we'll have to decide how to proceed. We are pretty up-set today as the doc didn't sound very encouraging. As a matter of fact, he said the if he were us, he'd be very nervous about this surgery. Taylor is very small and putting him under is risky. We know things are not looking good for Taylor right now, but the last thing we needed today was to hear that! We will never give up on our little boy. We know he can fight!

Taylor also has a bunch of fluid in his lungs, so they are doing an X-ray now to see how much. They are planning to give him something to help flush out some of the fluid.

Emotions are extremely high today and probably will be through-out this next week. It's going to be scary to make some of the decisions we have to make. I know if Taylor has to have surgery I'm going to be a WRECK!!!!! Today is the first day that I've seen Josh up-set. He's been the rock and I know he thinks he has to stay strong for me. All I can say over and over is that I WON'T give up on my precious little boy. He's soooo tiny, but he's strong. I just can't imagine God taking him this soon. I know I can't change His Plan, but I really wish I could see it. PLEASE, PLEASE, send your prayers and your energy our way. We are already exhausted and this is just the beginning of a very long, long, emotionally draining road. Love, Josh and Ang

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been praying and will continue to do so. Thanks for keeping us informed ... it helps to know exactly what to pray for. My prayer is that Laynie will continue to grow, that Taylor will be healed, and that God will provide comfort and peace to you during this difficult journey. With love, Aunt Diane

Analese Forster said...

We will pray that you both experience peace in your decision making process, and that Laynie continues to get strong & Taylor does the same! Thinking of you both!
Ana & Steve

Glenda said...

May you experience Peace that passes understanding in these next days and the Wisdom that you both need to make difficult decisions. Father God, I pray that You would continue to pour out supernatural healing over every organ in Taylor's body and bring complete restoration to his spirit, soul and body. I ask that the Healing Blood of Jesus would wash over Taylor throughout the night and in the coming days to bring perfect alignment and function to the intended purpose of every aspect of his body. Breathe Your Life and Healing over this precious little boy to give him the ability to fight and to allow every organ to continue to be strengthened and developed. Hold him, as well as Laynie, Josh, Angie and extended family members in the Palm of Your Hand and give them a sense of Your Love and Intimate Presence as the days progress. Help Josh and Angie to be able to relax and rest when they lay their heads down. Give them everything they need in these days...In Jesus Name and Authority, AMEN.
Contending with you all ~
Glenda

Patty said...

Hi Angie,
I have been thinking of you and your babies these past several days. You are all in my prayers. I've been through this emotional rollercoaster too...had twins at 25weeks, so if you ever need to talk, please call me 503-813-2900.

Patty (preterm birth prevention program)