Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 1

Well, sorry it took so long to post. It's been some what of a roller coaster since we arrived. Taylor's heart rate keeps on dropping and it's got everyone around here getting prepared for a possible emergency C-Section. They are monitoring me continuously and I can only get up to go to the bathroom. I haven't eaten since lunch and they won't let me eat in case they have to do the C-Section...they want me to have an empty stomach just with any surgery. They gave me the first steriod shot and the second will come tomorrow afternoon. We are praying that Taylor hangs on for that second shot. Well, 24 hours after the second shot as that's when it's most effective. I'm assuming I won't sleep much tonight with the monitors on and the fact that I'm STARVING!!!! Everyone here is wonderful and I know we're in good hands. Josh and my mom are here helping me as well! My room # is 307 and the phone # is 503-216-7307. I'm located in labor and delivery in the West Pavillion. As mentioned before, please call before planning to visit. We want to make sure there are not too many people at one time and if circumstances are like they have been today, it's best to just have family members here. Please, Please pray that Taylor hangs on. It's been a scary afternoon and we hope tonight brings some peace. We love you!

No comments: