Friday, January 25, 2008

Coming Out Of Bed Rest

Hello Everybody!  I'm starting to get up off the couch today.  The past few days have gone by very quick, but I expect that the week ahead will feel like forever.  I posted the wrong date on my blog as to when Josh and I will find out if this was successful.  It's a day sooner!  We will know one week from right now!  The afternoon on Friday, Feb 1st.  I go in at 7:30 a.m. for my blood test and the clinic will call with results in the afternoon....now that will be a LONG day!  

I had my mother-in-law post for everyone on Wednesday so you wouldn't have to wait until today to hear from me.  To add just a little more to the story.....I had prayed several nights in a row before Wednesday's procedure that Josh and I wouldn't have a tough decision to make regarding the 3 embryos.  I really struggled with the issue of possibly leaving 1 behind, as standard practice is to only transfer 2.  When the doc and embryologist came in to discuss options with me it became very clear, very quickly that all 3 should be transferred.  As Kim said, 2 looked good and the other was lagging behind by 1 day.  That doesn't mean that the 3rd was no good, it just meant that they didn't know for sure if that embryo would continue to grow and possibly become the best out of the 3.  Since the other 2 were "good" for day 5 embryos, it was an appropriate decision to transfer all 3....keep in mind, they wouldn't have done it if the other 2 looked "great" as day 5 embryos.  Of course, my first concern was the possibility of triplets.  EEEKKKKSSS!  The doc said it would be highly unlikely that all 3 would take and that's why he was comfortable transferring all 3.  Now, of course docs can be proven wrong can't they.  

I'm not saying we want triplets out of this and I will stick with the doc and believe that it is unlikely, but I do have to say that I feel so blessed to know that I won't have to look back on this experience and say "what if".  What if, we left the lonely 3rd one behind and we didn't get pregnant.  I have thanked God over and over for the blessing to have all 3 of our embryos transferred.  What happens now, is all up to Him!!!

We love you all!
Ang and Josh 

1 comment:

Martta said...

Angie, I am so glad that you got all 3 back. The more the merrier! You are an amazing person! Sorry it took me this long to check your blog. It was Chris' birthday so I gave him the weekend to do whatever it was that he wanted. Of course it was spend alone time with me! :) So I was not by a computer to check up on you. But that doesn't mean that I wasn't thinking and praying for you! Love you girl! Glad that you are off bed rest! :)