Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wow....Amazing News!

Hello Everyone - Guess how many follicles were spotted today.........10, yes I know hard to believe. This doesn't mean that they will take 10 on Friday at the retrieval as only 2 are the size we need them to be (at least 18 mm's). It's very promising though to think that right now I have 2 for sure and then there's about 4 that may or may not grow to the minimum size by Friday. The remaining 4 are just too small to mature by Friday. Either way, I'm just so excited! My doc said it only takes 1 and I know they are going to be VERY careful with our eggies.

He actually told me an inspiring story today. He said there's a girl my same age with the same severe endomitriosis and they only ended up transferring 1 fertilized egg in her. She's pregnant now. He said that's proof that it only takes 1! That really made my day today.

Josh's mom went with me and thank goodness. I had a whole list of questions to ask that we came up with in the car ride there and of course I forgot the most important ones. Kim spoke up though and we got all of our questions answered. She's going to be the best Grandma!

All's a go for Friday. I check-in for my surgery at 7:15 AM. Eeks...they like to do things early. Josh will be with me. He has to give his contribution and then wait for me to wake up from the anesthesia. I will know for sure how many they get out of me before I leave the clinic on Friday. Then, either 3 or 5 days after that, I will know how many fertilize and how many they will transfer in me. The transfer will take place then as well. So early next week I could have fertilized eggies in me. Wow...I can't believe how quickly things turn around and how exciting this really is.

Ok everyone, we still have work to do! Please pray for healthy eggies. My motto is; it's not about quantity, it's about quality!

Here's a Wednesday fact for those of you who don't know: a follicle contains an egg and protects the egg as it matures. When the egg has reached masturation (which means it's at least 18mm in size) it breaks awary from the follicle wall and releases from the follicle (this is ovulation). So right now I refer to them as follicles, but Friday when the doc retrieves them, they are eggs. I'm pretty sure I will be writing a book after all of this! : )

I will keep everyone updated over the weekend. Wish us luck!

Lots of love,
Ang and Josh

2 comments:

Martta said...

I want to keep you busy! Let's go to a movie a funny and girlie movie. I want to see 27 Dresses. Have you seen it already? If not let's go whenever you want I will be free for you!! :) I have read all your blogs and it makes me cry for saddness and for happiness I too am a emotional reck. I so badly want this for you and Josh that I have not stopped praying and have asked my prayer group at church to pray for you guys as well. So now you have people that you don't even know praying for you guys!! I love you girl and want nothing but the best for you and Josh! Let me know about the movie. :)
Mar

Connie said...

You are truly an amazing, strong woman Ang. Stronger than I ever could be. I told Sheila that us 3 need to go to dinner to keep you busy. She said she would plan something so make sure she follows thru. :) I've been praying for ya and my momma has been praying for ya every day she said! I have complete faith that the Good Lord above will take care of you and your eggies. :)